Post by valorin on Jan 9, 2019 8:39:08 GMT
First things first: Marvellous program! After PowerGrid died I was looking for a substitute and Panels is exactly what I needed. Took a bit longer to put things together, but that was mostly because of the lack of assets. So I scavenged a bit on the net and photoshopped some images and pieced together a panel for use with Elite: Dangerous. I gotta say, it's much better than my old one I created with PowerGrid!
Given that Panels is still in development, I guess you would like to have some feedback:
- BUG: Buttons stretch downwards and resize when pushed on my tablet. Every tap stretches them more. When I change view and then go back the buttons snap back but also resize. I didn't fill all of the panel with buttons but left some free space, by the way. I'm using an Android tablet.
EDIT: just tested and it works on my Android phone but not on my tablet, which is a Kindle FIRE actually with an added app store for Google. Would love to have a fix for this. Tell me if you need more info.
I would love to have following functions:
- Move buttons past others: When moving buttons via CTRL [arrow] I have to maneuver around other buttons at the moment. It would be lovely to be able to just jump over existing buttons to make it easier to rearrange them on a panel.
- When copying a button, keypresses and functions don't carry over, would be great if they would.
- More options for text. Like choosing font, size and position.
- Being able to change size, position and tint for button images as well.
- Resizing the space in the panel editor to approximately match my tablets dimensions. Or a function to preview the created panel on said dimensions.
- Panels not being associated with programs. When I created my Elite panel I always had to leave the game running to be able to preview changes on my tablet. I don't really see the benefit of that function actually, it's just a restriction for me.
- The ability to pick the panel I want to use from the list instead of having it run automatically when running the associated program. Would also help with having multiple panels for the same program.
- Renaming panels.
- A key binding type for registering mouse clicks and perhaps even gamepad/HOTAS keys.
- The other cool functions the other kids requested.
I am sure I forgot somehting, but this is it so far.
Keep up the good work!